P-PRO Processing On Demand FAQs
WHAT IS P-PRO ON DEMAND?
P-PRO ON DEMAND is the EarthConsole® service dedicated to on-demand processing tasks. The P-PRO On Demand platform is a flexible platform where you can handle your processing tasks and independently manage all related activities. Thanks to a user-friendly interface, you can easily go from the creation of a new task passing by an overview on tasks status, to the download of results.
WHICH ARE THE PROCESSORS AVAILABLE ON P-PRO ON DEMAND?
The available processors are:
- ALES+ SAR Retracker – developed by the Technical University of Munich
- FF-SAR (Fully Focused SAR) for CryoSat-2 – developed by Aresys srl
- SARINvatore for CS-2, SARvatore for CS-2, SARvatore for S3 – developed by the ESA-ESRIN Altimetry Team
- TUDaBO SAR-RDSAR – developed by the University of Bonn
- SNAC – SNAP S-1 GRD Amplitude Change
HOW DO I REQUEST CREDITS FOR USING P-PRO ON DEMAND?
You can request credits via the EarthConsole® webapp. If you have not done it yet, register on the webapp to create a user account on EarthConsole®. Following the log in, please follow these steps: click on P-PRO > REQUEST > P-PRO ON DEMAND. Fill in the form with all requested details and click on SUBMIT. Your request will be assessed by EarthConsole® operators, who will provide further instructions on how to proceed with your request via e-mail.
HOW MANY CREDITS CAN I ASK?
You can request a default 500-hour processing block which is supposed to cover almost all on-demand processing needs per user on a quarterly basis. In any case, if you have exceptional processing needs you can request up to 2200 processing hours. If this is your case, please detail the reasons behind you request in the notes section of the service request form.
HOW CAN I RECEIVE AN ESA NoR VOUCHER TO COVER THE COSTS OF MY PROCESSING TASKS?
If you have a research, development, educational or pre-commercial project, you may be eligible to receive an ESA NoR voucher which may totally cover the costs of your processing tasks via P-PRO ON DEMAND. Once we will receive your service request through the EarthConsole® webapp, we will prepare the NoR sponsorship form and send it to you for your review and approval. Once the form will be validated, you will have to sign it and submit it to the NoR. For further information on the ESA NoR sponsorship request procedure, please read this page.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE P-PRO ON DEMAND PLATFORM?
The P-PRO ON DEMAND platform is accessible here after login.
HOW CAN I REQUEST ACCESS TO A PROCESSOR ON P-PRO ON DEMAND?
Once you will be allocated credits, before submitting a task you will have to request access to the needed processor. To do so, please click on Processors> Request access. Type your message detailing the reasons of your request and click on Send. Once your request will be accepted, the button Request Access will turn into Access the Service.
HOW CAN I SUBMIT A TASK ON P-PRO ON DEMAND?
Please follow these steps:
- Click on New Task. By clicking, for example, on “Access the Service” of the ALES+ SAR Retracker – TUM, the interface of the corresponding service will be accessed.
- Select an Area of Interest on the map, a time window and one of the available input collections. Click on Search.
- Select the input products and click on Processor Inputs to configure the processor parameters.
- Once the task configuration is done, click Submit to launch the processing task. The new task will be visible from the My Tasks section.
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE PROCESSING RESULTS?
From the My Tasks section, once the processing is complete please click the information (i) icon to access task’s log files and results.